This competitive squad was formed 20 years ago to help introduce male & female athletes to the competitive level of cheerleading. Our season consists of approximately 4 - 12 competitions and performances starting when the team can safely compete. ** Tiny, Mini, & Prep/Limited Travel teams will have a smaller competition schedules.
**All ages are determined accordingly: AGE as of AUGUST 31, 2018. Evaluations for full year will be on Saturday, May 5 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 P.M. We will allow you to schedule a private tryout if times do not work for you. We will be offering clinics for the month of April on Wednesday’s 6:15 – 7 ages 3 – 8 and 7:00 – 8:00 ages 9-18. Limited Travel/Prep will begin formal practices in August.
** The teams and levels will be determined after evaluations and this may change through the season w/ team’s progressions, rules, etc. WE have opted to not name specific teams until we return from the Summit. This will allow us extra time to put together the most competitive teams possible for the season. We always try very hard NOT to crossover the athletes but will need to know prior to tryouts if you’re willing to double team. Double teaming is a large commitment and we pride ourselves on NOT prioritizing teams and will not allow any athlete to prioritize teams either. If you double teamed last season, it does NOT mean that you will double team this season. It will all be based on us forming the best teams possible. We reserve the right to add or move athletes onto teams to make it the most positive situation for the athletes and teams. We do not require the girls to try out as a group and what we see on video, height wise, is not always correct. Know that we’re placing athletes to where it will be a positive situation for the team and athlete too. Sometimes they need the chance to be the leader other times they’re more comfortable following a lead. We ALWAYS EXPECT our SENIOR & SUPER SENIOR ATHLETES to be the leaders. We always expect returning athletes to set the example for what is expected of them at practices and competitions.
What you need for evaluations:
** TINY & NOVICE: USASF Age Grids 3- 6 year old athletes will be allowed to perform. Novice teams are not permitted to stunt but are allowed to perform basic stunting positions on the ground. Tiny team stunt ages 5 & 6.
** ALL MINI aged athletes ages 5 – 8 as of August 31, 2018. We will evaluate and then place accordingly. This may also be on a ½ year/limited travel if not enough interest from that age. We will not allow a late tryout to anyone BUT RESERVE the right to pick up members that we feel will benefit the team.
•INJURY – We will allow anyone injured to submit a tryout tape of a prior performance and evaluate them on that. INJURY IS THE ONLY WAY THAT WE WILL ACCEPT a video.
•We’re trying to keep the kids “AGE APPROPRIATE” if at all possible! They’re much more comfortable with kids their own age. They’re also more competitive against kids their own age!
Dedication + Determination + Desire = Success
By being selected, each team member agrees to give 100% all of the time. Each team member also agrees to try their best to get along with each other, despite any past conflicts or outside influences. Negative/discouraging/rude or other such remarks by athletes or PARENTS will NOT be tolerated. Conflict should be addressed in a mature manner and if needed, the coaches should be notified immediately and PRIVATELY. If an athlete or parent displays a continual bad attitude, it is grounds for IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL.
Being on All-Stars does not mean you are the best tumbler or you have the best jumps or you are the greatest flyer. Keep in mind we all have our strengths and weaknesses. You must have an ALL-STAR ATTITUDE. Respect yourself, your coaches, and each other. WE ARE A TEAM!
Practice is Mandatory. The importance of attendance cannot be stressed enough. Disciplinary action will be taken if attendance becomes a problem. If a child misses the last practice prior to a competition, the decision of their ability to compete will be based on the coaches’ discretion. This decision will be based on past attendance, overall attitude, and the amount of changes made to a routine. If an athlete has to sit out a competition, they are STILLREQUIRED to attend the competition in full uniform and hair to show support for their team as well as be financially responsible! EXCEPTION: doctor diagnosed concussed athletes may be excused from competition. The Tumbling classes are strongly encouraged. * This year we have designated FCE classes. Full year monthly fees have included this class.
1) Attendance is mandatory to all competitions, practices, and performances unless medically excused.
2) Each full year athlete is allowed 6 excused absences from practices for the season. ½ year Prep/Limited Travel will be allowed 3 after choreography is finished. After the designated absences have happened...the monthly fee will be increased by $30/month for the remainder of the season! We don’t want your money as much as we want the athletes at practice!
3) If an absence is going to occur, a 2-week notice MUST be given or replacements may occur.
4) Excused absences from practice only are as follows:
a) Death in the family
c) School/Academic meeting that could affect the grade ONLY
d) Family member in the hospital (i.e. brother, sister, mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, grandmother, grandfather)
e) Family vacation
f) Activity or athletic function that the athlete themselves are a part of.
5) Unexcused absences for practices are as follows:
b) Birthday party
c) Anything else the coaches see fit (i.e. excessive missing for other activities
d) School and or Sporting Events
6) There are no excused absences from performances and competitions unless excused by a coach prior to the season. If a performance or competition is missed for any other reason the child may be dismissed from the team. This must be in writing, signed and approved by Traci for full year and Amanda for prep.
Summer classes are the most important time for the athletes and teams. This is the time in which bonding throughout the team occurs therefore, summer practices are mandatory. We do understand that many families do utilize this time for vacationing. It is required that a 2 week notice for vacation be submitted.
For those athletes who will be cheering for a school team or are members of another sport CONGRATULATIONS! If a Conflict occurs, the attendance policy will be in effect and Findlay Elite MUST be your #1 priority NO EXCEPTIONS! To make it easier on all of us, it is required that a schedule of school games, functions and practices be submitted immediately. ** There is no “down time” for our full year cheer season. PRACTICES are just as important as competitions because routines are constantly changing throughout the season! PLEASE do not try out if you plan on making another team a priority.
Fundraising will be done as a group. Any monies accumulated will be placed in each individual’s escrow account. Only that individual will reap the benefits from the money earned. This money can be used for the following: competitions, choreography and uniform fees. If for any reason an athlete is no longer on the team, any remaining balance will be forfeited. Money left over in your escrow account does NOT rollover from year to year and is not permitted to be “gifted” to another athlete.
Uniform prices will be approx. $300. Warm ups will be ordered at a later time. Many of you have these already. They’re approx. $110 and will be ordered prior to the competition season. We’re going to have a team practice uniform this season. This is so that we have a uniform for the fair competitions and for any exhibitions or community service that we may do.
** Prep/Limited Travel & Tiny/mini teams will have a more cost effective uniform for the season they’re approx. $150.
*SPANKIES & BOWS are an added expense that must be purchased outside of uniform costs.
CHOREOGRAPHY/MUSIC July 13 weekend w/ Beth Johnson for full year.
Choreography Camp & music fee will be decided upon and according to each team. The youth – senior squads will have professional choreography!The fee will be determined according to flights, hotels, food, and rental car. The price will range from $150 - $275.
** If you miss choreography because of a conflict, you’re still RESPONSIBLE for the choreography payments & an alternate will be placed in your spot! It is you’re responsibility to learn from the alternate what you missed!
** We try to pass down our routines from the older squads each year with some “TWEAKING” or music changes. Every team member will pay a minimum $125 fee for choreography. We are hoping that this will help lower the price for all team members!
Role of the Parent
1. Be the #1 fan of Findlay Elite.
2. Let the coaches do all of the coaching and to be "quiet spectators" at practice.
3. Contact the head coach if you have an issue that needs to be addressed, and to address that issue only with the coaching staff @ the appropriate time.
4. Support coach discipline.
5. Support your child 100% of the time. Our goal is to allow your athlete to be the best that he/she can be.
6. Respect the role of the coaches as the ones who make the final decisions and run the program.
7.Help coaches de-emphasize the role of the flyer. Many parents influence their own children to believe the flyer is the star of the show; this could not be more false. It takes a great athlete to be a base and that is nothing to be ashamed of. We couldn’t have flyers without bases!
8. Be parent volunteers. Looking for SPIRIT IDEAS for the comps.
9. Do Not Gossip. Please do not discuss negative comments about other children or the coaches in front of your child. Remember children are sponges and a negative attitude will be reflected in your child during practice.
10. We are a team & we’re asking that everyone sit together at competition (as much as possible). GOOD CONDUCT IS REQUIRED @ ALL TIMES!
Make decisions and take action based on:
a. Good of the program.
b. The good of the team.
c. Good of their child.
d. Your own personal good.
12. We’re going to ask that you stay to cheer on all teams for the competitions! WE’RE GOING TO REQUIRE it during the NATIONAL COMPETITIONS! POWER in #’s and the team loves seeing our faces and hearing us CHEER along w/ them!
Safety Issues/ Hurt vs. Injury
A natural occurrence in any sport is injury. Cheerleading incorporates advanced pyramids that can be seven feet or higher into the air and tumbling passes that may cause strain on ankles, wrists, shins, etc. Naturally, stunts will fall, tumbling passes bust, and bumps and bruises occur. It is important that each team member realizes that they must "stay tough" and be able to get up and move on. A bruised arm is an example of "hurt". A broken arm is an example of an "injury." Squad members are expected to "get tough" and continue through it unless they are seriously injured. All major injuries will be handled with the utmost seriousness. Coaches should be notified of any injuries or hurts that occurred outside of practice that may affect their performance during a class or practice. A doctors’ note is required if an athlete is not able to perform ALL SKILLS for more than 1 practice. A doctor’s note to return to full work out will also be required.
Safety issues when it comes to stunting are of extreme importance. As a competitive cheerleading team, all members are expected to adhere to safe stunting techniques at all times. Talking, laughing, or goofing off during any kind of stunt are all prohibited. Staying focused, making appropriate corrections to skill technique and communicating with members of the stunt group is vital to the success and safety of all team members.
1. No gum or candy chewing.
2. No abusive or vulgar language.
3. No fighting.
4. No body jewelry. Tattoos must be covered.
Regular attendance is A MUST
If you are injured, not on bed-rest and not contagious it is REQUIRED to come to practice and observe and condition. NO CELL PHONES FOR INJURED ATHELTES IN PRACTICE AREA!
Absolutely NO nail polish during competition.
Adhere to safety guidelines at all times.
Everyone must stay for awards unless approved prior to competition by coaches
NO CELL PHONES @ PRACTICE OR DURING AWARDS!
Hair color must be natural or highlighted. NO ODD reds, purples, blues, pinks!
All other rules listed by FCE Policies and Procedures MUST BE FOLLOWED! This includes fees being paid on time!
Have a positive attitude.
Work hard and perform well.
Respect yourself, your coaches and each other.
1. Each athlete and their family are representing Findlay Cheer Elite at all times. Everyone must present himself or herself as they would if their parents/coaches were always accompanying.
2. No public display of affection is to be displayed to a boyfriend/girlfriend in uniform or warm-up attire.
3. No cursing or derogatory language will be allowed in the gym or on any trip the team will take. All of your social media will be monitored! We will contact the parents about improper feed to have it taken down.
4. No derogatory comments towards any Findlay Elite All-Star or other all-star teams inside or outside the gym.
5. Appropriate clothing should be worn at all times (including shoes)
** NO SPORTS BRAS ARE PERMITTED! The industry is working on changing the perception of cheerleading and it starts in the gyms.
1. Proper attire must be worn at all times. You are representing the team and you must portray a positive reflection. You must always wear appropriate attire for the occasion this includes HOTELS!
2. No use of profanity/foul language while in or out of uniform.
3. When a designated time is given for athletes to be ready that means completely ready. Make-up must be completely done (lipstick, eyes, blush, etc.), hair fixed, bows in, uniform on. PLEASE make sure that they’re FED & all personal issues are taken care of ex. BATHROOM
4. The coaches will not take responsibility for personal items at competitions.
5. Parents are NOT allowed in the warm-up room.
6. A cheerleader MAY NOT leave the competition early. A cheerleader will be allowed to leave for lunch, but must return in time to watch the teams specified by the coaches. Must be in entire uniform for awards!
7. Remember you are representing FCE so please act accordingly.
8. When arriving at the competition site, the cheerleader must check-in with their coach @ the DESIGNATED area! If LATE, we reserve the right to REPLACE for the competition with an alternate!
Involuntary/Voluntary Removal From the Team
Any member who is dismissed or chooses to quit the team will not be eligible to try-out for the team until the following year. If one voluntarily quits a 30-day written notice MUST still be submitted to Traci and your credit card will be charged a $500 + 4% credit card charge for our restructuring fee. All monies that are paid to Dunn’s Findlay Cheer Elite & Gymnastics LLC will be non-refundable whether the removal is voluntary or involuntary. The alternate, if there is one will also receive any gift or award that she has earned for the team! EXCEPTION: Injury or illness – The injured or ill cheerleader is responsible for payment and will receive any gift or award won by an alternate performing. Injury will be determined by coaching staff if eligible for the award. We reserve the right to float athletes between teams. If you make the program, you MUST be able to perform the REQUIRED skills for that specific team. If the athlete is NOT able to perform we will float them to an alternate team.
All parents/guardians are responsible for their friends and family brought to the gym. If any damage occurs it is the responsibility of the parent to pay for damages. FCE is not responsible for any property left at the gym. Everyone is to stay in the designated observation area!
Monthly fee for FCE will be $105 a month this includes the FCE tumble class. Any extra cheer/tumble class is $15. Any progressive/preschool gymnastics class is given ½ off price. Gymnastics team members paying over $100.00 or more per month will be entitled to ½ off their monthly cheer fees. Tiny/Mini: $65/month and the Prep/Limited Travel: $75/month. Any of the above offers are valid through your competition season. Parents are responsible for the cost of each competition that the team has been entered in. Full year will have a $225 coaching fee & meeting room fees for the season. Limited/Travel Prep $125and Tiny/Mini will be $175. This allows ALL COACHES to travel w/ the team to COMPETITION! This season…If your athlete does NOT have all of the required level appropriate tumbling skills, they must attend a tumbling class. Any money paid in to Dunn’s Findlay Elite Cheer & Gymnastics LLC is non-refundable. USASF will also require a registration of $30, paperwork, and birth certificate is required this season to compete. Everyone is required to fill out the waiver w/ credit card information. If fees are not paid by the 15th of the month, your card will be charged along w/ a 4% fee. If credit card is denied and or check bounces…the floater will take spot until bill is paid in full.
This packet is to remind all team members of the activities, events, rules, regulations, and costs associated with being on Findlay Cheer Elite.
Our goal for athletes: for them to learn and improve on all aspects of competitive cheerleading including, stunts, motion technique, tumbling, crowd motivation, and more. Through encouragement, hard work and discipline we aim for all of the FCE students to increase flexibility, coordination, and develop muscle strength while building their self-esteem. FCE golden rule for students and parents is "Respect yourself, your coaches, and each other."
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to call the gym. At FCE we have an open door policy and appreciate your feedback.